Four suspects including activist Dhaniz Ali further remanded
Colombo Magistrate Thilina Gamage has ordered to further remand 04 suspects including activist Dhaniz Ali until August 26.
The accused were arrested in connection with the forcible entry to the President’s House and damaging its properties.
Dhaniz Ali, a 31-year-old resident of Webada in Kurunegala, was arrested on the night of July 26 while trying to fly out to Dubai on a flight from the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA).
He is also accused of forcibly entering Sri Lanka Rupavahini Corporation (SLRC) on July 13 with several other activists and attempting to disrupt telecast.
The Fort Police asked the court to remand the suspects further as investigations related to the incident are ongoing.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Wanindu Hasaranga suspended for two matches, fined February 25, 2024
- Parliamentary committees summon CBSL officials over 70% salary increase February 25, 2024
- STF arrests Army Corporal over Mahabage shooting that killed “Ukkuwa” February 24, 2024
- Senior U.S. official discusses Sri Lanka’s IMF program in Colombo February 24, 2024
- U.S. Deputy Secretary of State commends Sri Lanka’s economic efforts February 23, 2024