Funding secured for Central Expressway
Posted in Local News
The funding for a stretch of Sri Lanka’s Central Expressway project now looks to have been secured, according to foreign media reports.
A loan of nearly US$904 million from Japan’s Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) will provide the necessary finance package for the project.
The route of the Central Expressway runs from Colombo to Dambulla, having originally been called the Northern Expressway Project.
This latest funding package will help pay for work to the 32.5km link running off to the east at Pothuhera and running to Galagedara, close to Kandy.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
How much is the Komis?