Gamini Senarath, three others granted bail
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s Chief of Staff Gamini Senarath and four others were granted bail by the Permanent High Court at Bar, over the case of misappropriating funds belonged to the Litro Gas Lanka limited.
The three Judges of the Special High Court released each suspect on a cash bail of Rs.100,000 and two sureties of Rs.1 million each.
The suspects were banned from leaving the country as well. The case was postponed to September 19.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024