Gamini Senarath, three others granted bail
Posted in Local News
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s Chief of Staff Gamini Senarath and four others were granted bail by the Permanent High Court at Bar, over the case of misappropriating funds belonged to the Litro Gas Lanka limited.
The three Judges of the Special High Court released each suspect on a cash bail of Rs.100,000 and two sureties of Rs.1 million each.
The suspects were banned from leaving the country as well. The case was postponed to September 19.
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023