Ganegala new CEB Chairman
Posted in Local News
Former Media Ministry Secretary W.B. Ganegala has been appointed as Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) Chairman, Government Information Department said.
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
Chairman of the electricyty board does not need to be a professional engineer. There have been many occasions people from other professions can make good chaimens.
Mr Ganegala is a very senior Civil servant with a wealth of experience in several different areas/positions. He is sure to add value to the Electricity Board of Sri Lanka which should be able to contribute more to the development of the economy, rather than being a burden to the average public.
“Do not judge a book by the cover”
The Chairman of the Electricity Board need not be an Electrical Engineer.
Engineers in Sri Lanka are not trained in management as part of the curriculm. They gain their management experience via trial and error while practising as Engineers.
The Chairman of the Electricity Board can be a toilet cleaner or even a scavenger who has managerial capability.
In managing the Electricity Board, the Chairman needs apprpriate skills in balancing the needs of the consumers, the marketplace and the Treasury which is the prime source of Finance to run the organisation.
I am sure the new Minister, M/s Pavithra Wanniarachchi has chosen the right person for the right job. Pavithra is a trailblazer ahving demonstrated superior capability in dealing with corruption in the judiciary via the impeachment of Shirani Bandaranayake.
I am sure she can lead well in her new portfolio.