Gazette on COVID-19 health regulations to be published tonight
Posted in Local News
Steps have been taken to issue a gazette notification making health guidelines including wearing face masks & maintaining social distancing compulsory.
Accordingly, legal action would be taken against those who defy health rules and regulations such as maintaining social distance at public places and wearing of face masks.
The Health Ministry said that with the issuance of this new gazette notification, the courts will be able to impose a fine of not more than Rs. 10,000 and or hand down a six-month jail term.
The gazette notification was signed by the Minister of Health Pavithra Wanniarachchi today.
The Ministry of Health stated that the gazette will be published tonight.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023