GCE (A/L) ID special counter to remain open
The Department for Registration of Persons (DRP) has informed GCE (A/L) candidates that the special counter opened to issue National Identity Cards (NICs) will be kept open even after the examination begins tomorrow.
The GCE (A/L) examination will be held countrywide from tomorrow till August 31. A spokesman for the Department of Examinations said that the NIC has been made a compulsory identification for the examination.
Over 2,000 students who will sit the A/L examination tomorrow obtained new NICs during the past few months. It is reported that although students had obtained their NICs for the O/L examination in previous years some of them had lost or mutilated their NICs.
The Department of Examinations does not accept any NIC which is damaged or defaced.
DRP Commissioner General Jagath Wijeweera told the Sunday Observer that the special one-day service counter will remain open from 9 a.m. and priority would be given to GCE (A/L) candidates.
“This is an ideal opportunity even for candidates sitting the GCE (O/L) examination in December this year to obtain their NICs without any difficulty”, he said.
A Rs. 500 fee would be levied for the one-day service for candidates.
Courtesy: Sunday Observer
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023