Gems & foreign currency found from Dematagoda house
Three gems worth Rs.30 million and Rs.10 million in foreign currency has been found from the residence in Dematagoda where a suicide bombing was reported last Sunday.
The gems and the currency has been seized by Police.
Police said the goods were found during search operations conducted at the residence in Dematagoda.
The house in Dematagoda is owned by the father of the two suicide bombers behind the Shangri-La and Cinnamon Grade attacks.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023