Geoffrey Aloysius and others remanded
Former Deputy Governor of Central Bank Sri Lanka P. Samarasiri, Perpetual Treasuries Limited (PTL) Chairman Geoffrey Aloysius and three directors of PTL were remanded till April 5 by Colombo Chief Magistrate.
They were arrested this morning in connection with the Central Band bond scam.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023