Gnanasara Thera surrenders
Posted in Local News
General Secretary of the Bodu Bala Sena, Ven, Galagodaatte Gnanasara Thera, who was issued an arrest warrant for not appearing in court, surrendered to the Fort Magistrate’s Court a short while ago.
The three monks, including Ven Gnanasara Thera, were charged with insulting the Holy Quran and abusing and insulting the Jathika Bala Sena Leader Watareka Wijitha Thera by gate crashing into a news conference held by him at the Nippon Hotel in Colombo.
When the case was taken up yesterday, Fort Magistrate Priyantha Liyanage issued arrest warrants on Ven Gnanasara Thera and two other monks.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023