Gnanasara Thera surrenders
General Secretary of the Bodu Bala Sena, Ven, Galagodaatte Gnanasara Thera, who was issued an arrest warrant for not appearing in court, surrendered to the Fort Magistrate’s Court a short while ago.
The three monks, including Ven Gnanasara Thera, were charged with insulting the Holy Quran and abusing and insulting the Jathika Bala Sena Leader Watareka Wijitha Thera by gate crashing into a news conference held by him at the Nippon Hotel in Colombo.
When the case was taken up yesterday, Fort Magistrate Priyantha Liyanage issued arrest warrants on Ven Gnanasara Thera and two other monks.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023