Gnanasara Thero sentenced to 6 months RI
Posted in Local News
The General Secretary of the Bodu Bala Sena (BBS) organisation, Venerable Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara Thero, has been sentenced to 1 year rigorous imprisonment to be ended in 6 months, for threatening Sandya Ekneligoda.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
This is our ” yasa palnaya”.
Not a big deal.
The Ven Galgoda Atthe Gnanasara is the spiritual leader of SL’s Sinhala Buddhists.
He will remain so for many decades to come. Many Gamamarals will come and go but Ven Galgoda Atthe Gnanasara will remain in the hearts of the Sinhala Buddhists.
The Ven Galgoda Atthe Gnanasara provided leadership to the true Sinhala Buddhists from the time of the ending of the 30 year war with the Terrorist Tamils. He provided the moral and social rejuvenation of the Sinhala Buddhist population impacted by the 30 yr war while political leaders from all parties were embracing the Terrorist Tamils under the UN ‘suhddha’ sponsored Reconciliation banner.
Jailing Ven Galgoda Atthe Gnanasara will only make him a stronger leader of a higher stature.
Ven Galgoda Atthe Gnanasara, we are with you SIR while you spend time in prison; our hearts will be with you and we will drop many flowers on your behalf when we worship Lord Buddha during this year.
The Magistrate who decided to incarcerate you will have a special place in hell.
To all Weerayas. This is showcase trial. In my opinion, Ven Galabotaathe Gnanasara will be released on bail. May be next week. I am not surprised even Hon Sirisena pardoning the Monk to get Buddhist votes, People are questioning why the law only show its teeth selectively?
This is a gimmick to get votes from Muslims and Tamils.