Government is preparing to file lawsuit against me – Mahinda
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa states that the Government is preparing to issue a bill in order to file cases against himself and a few others.
He stated this upon attending a public rally in Trincomalee yesterday (04).
The rally was organized by the Joint Opposition (JO).
Meanwhile, MP Wimal Weerawansa stated that they would not allow Trincomalee to be used as a battle centre by powerful forces.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023