Government should take prompt action to fulfill public demands – Namal
The Rs 10,000 salary increment for state employees has not yet been carried out properly, says MP Namal Rajapaksa.
He pointed out that compared to the present government the previous regime gave the relevant allowances to state employees.
The present government should take prompt action to fulfill the demands of the people, he added.
MP Rajapaksa made these comments during a media briefing held yesterday (31), in Colombo.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023