Government to import 300,000 liters of liquid medical oxygen weekly
The Sri Lankan Cabinet of Ministers on Monday (23) approved importing 300,000 liters of liquid medical oxygen weekly which is required to treat COVID-19 patients who are in critical condition.
The decision has been made due to the rapid spread of the COVID-19 in the country and the increasing number of patients who are dependent on oxygen.
Co-Cabinet Spokesman, Minister Ramesh Pathirana stated this at a media briefing held today (August 24) to inform on cabinet decisions.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy promotes 1,877 personnel on its 73rd anniversary December 9, 2023