Grant grace period for electricity consumers – Sajith
Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa, yesterday (28), urged the Government to grant a relief period to consumers who are still struggling to pay their electricity bills.
He charged that the Ceylon Electricity Board has even sent red notices to certain households who had not been able to pay their monthly electricity bills due to the present economic situation.
He added that as the Government had failed to grant the promised relief, the masses are presently struggling to survive in the face of the serious economic situation.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Nirmani Guneratne)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023