Grant grace period for electricity consumers – Sajith
Posted in Local News
Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa, yesterday (28), urged the Government to grant a relief period to consumers who are still struggling to pay their electricity bills.
He charged that the Ceylon Electricity Board has even sent red notices to certain households who had not been able to pay their monthly electricity bills due to the present economic situation.
He added that as the Government had failed to grant the promised relief, the masses are presently struggling to survive in the face of the serious economic situation.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Nirmani Guneratne)
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023