Heroin container: Ministry Secretary resigns
The Coordinating Secretary to the Minister of Buddha Sasana and Religious Affairs, who had allegedly intervened to release a heroin container from the Customs, had tendered his resignation to Prime Minister and the Minister of Buddha Sasana and Religious Affairs D.M. Jayaratne from December 9
However, Secretary Keerthi Sri Weerasinghe, had said in his resignation letter that he had no connection whatsoever with the alleged incident of importing heroin or releasing a heroin container from the Customs.
The full letter
GA59 Industrial Area,
9th December 2013.
Hon. D.M Jayaratne,
Prime Minister and Minister of
Buddha Sasana & Religious Affairs.
Resignation from the Post of Coordinating Secretary to the Hon. Minister of Buddha Sasana & Religious Affairs
Please accept my resignation from the Post of Coordinating Secretary to the Hon. Minister of Buddha Sasana and Religious Affairs with effect from 9th December 2013.
Furthermore, I wish to inform you clearly, that I have no connection whatsoever with the alleged incident levelled against me by the media during the past few weeks. I, as a Government servant, have discharged my duties for the benefit and welfare of the State.
I wish to state that I served in the above position with honour and respect and to the best of my know1edg and ability.
I thank you for your advice and assistance extended to me during the tenure of my service.
Keerthi Sri Weerasinghe.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023