Heroin container: Ministry Secretary resigns
The Coordinating Secretary to the Minister of Buddha Sasana and Religious Affairs, who had allegedly intervened to release a heroin container from the Customs, had tendered his resignation to Prime Minister and the Minister of Buddha Sasana and Religious Affairs D.M. Jayaratne from December 9
However, Secretary Keerthi Sri Weerasinghe, had said in his resignation letter that he had no connection whatsoever with the alleged incident of importing heroin or releasing a heroin container from the Customs.
The full letter
GA59 Industrial Area,
9th December 2013.
Hon. D.M Jayaratne,
Prime Minister and Minister of
Buddha Sasana & Religious Affairs.
Resignation from the Post of Coordinating Secretary to the Hon. Minister of Buddha Sasana & Religious Affairs
Please accept my resignation from the Post of Coordinating Secretary to the Hon. Minister of Buddha Sasana and Religious Affairs with effect from 9th December 2013.
Furthermore, I wish to inform you clearly, that I have no connection whatsoever with the alleged incident levelled against me by the media during the past few weeks. I, as a Government servant, have discharged my duties for the benefit and welfare of the State.
I wish to state that I served in the above position with honour and respect and to the best of my know1edg and ability.
I thank you for your advice and assistance extended to me during the tenure of my service.
Keerthi Sri Weerasinghe.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023