Heroin worth Rs. 1248 million seized by PNB
Posted in Local News
Two suspects were arrested by the Police Narcotic Bureau (PNB) with 103.9 kg 950 mg of heroin valued Rs. 1,248 million in Kalubowila and Battaramulla last night.
When the PNB searched a jeep last night (07) near Kalubowila Prathibimbarama Mawatha, they had found 30 parcels of heroin inside it and 2 suspects were also apprehended along with it.
Interrogations of the suspects had led to the discovery of 66 more parcels of heroin in a house in Subuthipura, Battaramulla.
The arrested suspects would be produced in the Mount Lavinia Magistrate Court seeking a detention order for seven days.
PNB is conducting further investigations on the matter.
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023