High Court re-issues notice on President, Prime Minister
The Colombo High Court yesterday re-issued notice on President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe to appear before the court on October 9 to testify, as witnesses, in the trial against Tissa Attanayake the former Secretary of the UNP. Attanayake has been indicted with having forged the signature of Maithripala Sirisena and Ranil Wickremesinghe to give the impression to the public that there was a secret agreement between Maithripala Sirisena and Ranil Wickremesinghe.
Both witnesses have been earlier noticed several times to appear before the court to testify. They have not come and given various reasons for their failure to appear.
The next date of the trial against Attanayake was fixed for October 9.
The bench comprised Colombo High Court Judge Vikum Kaluarachchi.
(Source: The Island – By Chitra Weerarathne)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023