I left “Pohottuwa” because I’m against Gota: Welgama
Kalutara District United People’s Freedom Alliance (UPFA) Parliamentarian Kumara Welgama said that he would leave all nominal posts of Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) as he is opposed to Mr. Gotabaya Rajapaksa being put forward as the party’s presidential candidate.
He also said that he is a member of Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) and has not officially received a membership from the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP).
He said “I am against Gotabhaya Rajapaksa contesting. There is a possibility of me coming forward to help Chamal Rajapaksa or another candidate put forward by the SLPP but not Gota,” he said.
He said he would work to strengthen the SLFP after reuniting all the loyal members of the party in the future.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
SL Voters are not so idiots now. These MPs are no use for the country at all. Whole 225 will be out soon.
Did you leave Pohottuwa?
You said you were never a member of Pohottuwa.
If so, how can you leave Pohottuwa where you were never a member.
We know the story, Kumara,
Because of your loud mouth, the Pohottuwa Boss BR, asked you to shut up and dissapear.
Isn’t that right?
Please don’t mess around with the Blue Brothers.
Former Cj Shiranee B did so and she was chucked out through an illegal impeachment.
So Kumara, lie low and bite when the time comes.
You are valuable to us.