I never made a statement against the country or the army – Fonseka
I have never made any statement that was in opposition to the country or the army, former Army Commander Sarath Fonseka said today (May 23) at the Colombo High Court when the court took up the White Flag case.
Fonseka spoke about his 36 years in the service of the army citing the various operations that he had been a part of when he was called to the stand today.
NOTE:- Due to legal contstraints, the Onlanka Editorial team has taken a decision to disable comments on this articles concerning ongoing court procedures.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023