I still want to be made deputy minister – Muthuhettigama
Galle District MP Nishantha Muthuhettigama, at a media briefing at his office in Galle recently, said that though Sanath Jayasuriya had withdrawn his request for a deputy minister’s post he (Muthuhettigama) would not do so
He said he had been in politics for twenty years and had begun his career as the youngest Pradeshiya Sabha Member ever, on being elected to the Nagoda Pradeshiya Sabha.
He said he had had to overcome many obstacles and had even been jailed. He had worked with dedication during two presidential elections and was not satisfied with his present status. He regretted that he had been overlooked for a position in the Provincial Council. The voters who elected him with the highest number of preferential votes in the Galle District were waiting eagerly for him to be elevated to a higher position and this had encouraged him to ask for a deputy minister’s post, he said
He did not care whether Sanath Jayasuriya had withdrawn his request or not, he would continue to insist on a deputy minister’s post for himself and he believed that the president would be fair by him, he said.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023