IDH stretched beyond capacity due to new admissions
With the recent surge in COVID-19 figures in Sri Lanka, the number of admissions to the Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH) has reached a level beyond its capacity, sources revealed.
The IDH, where the maximum capacity is 120 admissions, is currently accommodating 138 people infected with the novel coronavirus.
In addition, all 8 beds at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital are now occupied.
The IDH is meanwhile facing an increasing need for oxygen as 20 per cent of the coronavirus patients receiving medical care at the hospital have been put on supplemental oxygen therapy.
Hospital sources further revealed an increase in new admissions was observed following the Sinhala and Tamil New Year festival.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023