Import duty on milk powder increased
Posted in Local News
The import duty on milk powder has been increased by Rs. 25 per kilogram from Rs. 57 to Rs. 82 with effect from yesterday (June 2), the Finance and Planning Ministry said today.
Ministry said the decision was taken because of the low milk powder prices resulted in the global market.
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023