Import duty on milk powder increased
The import duty on milk powder has been increased by Rs. 25 per kilogram from Rs. 57 to Rs. 82 with effect from yesterday (June 2), the Finance and Planning Ministry said today.
Ministry said the decision was taken because of the low milk powder prices resulted in the global market.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023