Sri Lanka suspends importing organic fertilizer from Chinese company
Sri Lanka has suspended importing organic nitrogen fertilizer from a Chinese company for the Maha Season, says Agriculture Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage.
He said that the decision was taken after harmful bacteria were identified in tested samples sent by the relevant company.
He said the government will ensure that farmers have sufficient fertiliser for the Maha season without any shortage.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023