President instructs to lift islandwide quarantine curfew on October 1
President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has instructed to lift the ongoing quarantine curfew on October 1, Army Commander General Shavendra Silva said.
He stated that the restrictions and new health guidelines will be notified later.
The quarantine curfew had been initially imposed on August 20 at 10.00 p.m. following a rapid rise in new COVID-19 cases and it was subsequently extended on several occasions.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023