Approval granted to administer Pfizer as third dose in Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
The Director-General of Health, Dr. Asela Gunawardena says that approval has been granted to administer the Pfizer vaccine as a third dose and as a booster dose in Sri Lanka.
He explained that the third dose and the booster dose are different
Accordingly, booster doses of Pfizer vaccine will be administered for those over 60 years, those between 30-60 who are suffering from chronic illnesses, health workers, and frontline workers.
Meanwhile, those with cancer and kidney diseases, alongside persons who have undergone surgeries will be administered a third dose, he added.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023