Imported milk powder packet increased to Rs.325
A 400g packet of imported milk powder was increased to Rs. 325, Minister of Cooperatives and Internal Trade, Johnston Fernando stated today (May 4) at a press conference.
A 15% tax or a maximum of Rs.92 per kilogramme has been imposed on imported milk powder except for infant milk powder, the Finance Ministry stated.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023