India, Sri Lanka hold talks on nuclear cooperation deal
India and Sri Lanka have held negotiations on a comprehensive civil nuclear cooperation agreement here. The second round of talks began yesterday and concluded today.
The Indian delegation was led by Amandeep Singh Gill, Joint Secretary (Disarmament) in the Ministry of External Affairs, and included representatives from the Department of Atomic Energy.
The Sri Lankan side was led by Dhara Wijayatilake, Secretary, Ministry of Technology and Research, government of Sri Lanka and included representatives from the Atomic Energy Authority and the Sri Lankan Ministry of External Affairs.
Discussions focussed on the draft text of a comprehensive agreement on bilateral civil nuclear cooperation, the Indian High Commission here said in a statement.
It was agreed that the next meeting would be held in India in the second half of 2014 to take forward the issues under discussion.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023