Indian Coast Guard arrests 25 Lankan fishermen
FILE PHOTO –
The Indian Coast Guard has arrested 25 Sri Lankan fishermen for trespassing into Indian waters in Nagapattinam. The Coast Guard has also seized five boats and 5000 kg fish.
“Lankan fishermen had trespassed 48 nautical miles east off Velankanni,” the Indian Coast Guard said.
The Lankan fishermen have been handed over to the coastal security group in Nagapattinam. (IBN)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023