Man shot dead in Manning Market
A 42-year-old man was shot and killed at the Manning Market in Peliyagoda this afternoon (June 21).
Police said the gunman had arrived in a car to carry out the shooting.
A spokesman of the Colombo National Hospital said the individual had succumbed to the gunshot injury upon admission.
The deceased was identified as Pradeep alias ‘Sana’, a 42-year-old fruit seller from Kotahena, Colombo 13.
Police said that two T-56 assault rifle bullet casings were discovered at the crime scene.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023