Indonesian President Joko Widodo arrives in Sri Lanka
Indonesian President Joko Widodo arrived in Sri Lanka a short while ago, with a delegation of 50 members, on a two-day official visit.
Foreign Affairs Minister Thilak Marapana welcomed the President of Indonesia at the Bandaranaike International Airport, Katunayake.
The Indonesian President, who arrived in the country at the invitation of President Maithripala Sirisena, will be accorded a ceremonial welcome with guard of honour and twenty one gun salute at the Presidential Secretariat this evening.
Several Memoranda of Understanding are to be inked between the two countries during the visit.
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe will also have discussions on economic, trade and investment cooperation with President Widodo at a breakfast meeting tomorrow.
(Courtesy: Daily Mirror)
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023