Light railway to take off this year
Posted in Local News
Physical work of the proposed light railway project from Kaduwela to Colombo Fort would commence this year said Minister of Megalopolis and Western Development Champika Ranwaka.
Speaking at the launch of Construction EXPO 2018 he said that in addition the Arukkal project in Puttalum, the solution to Colombo’s garbage disposal too would begin this year.
The Minister also said that the government is keen in promoting green buildings and all future government building would be built accordingly ensuring energy efficiently. The Colombo Port City too would be built under the Green concept.
(Government News Portal)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
I am still waiting for your 3 Singapore style state of the art hospitals, Megalopolis city ( from Colombo to Homagama and beyond) and Volkswagen factory.
Brother Ranjith, I do not think 3 Singapore style state of the art hospitals will ever materialized in SL because the Health minister Rajitha like to go to Singapore to get treatments from state funds. Volkswagen factory in K’nagela never saw the light of the day. Regarding ‘Mega-Polis’….there is only Katharagama Police now with shoot to kill policy. PC Elections are around the corner and we have to take these statements by politicians with a pinch of salt.