Wigneswaran turns down Bathiudeen’s request
Northern Province Chief Minister C.V.Wigneswaran has turned down the request made by Minister Rishad Bathiudeen asking for 1000 acres of land for the rehabilitation of Muslims in Mullaitivu district.
In his letter addressed to the Northern CM, Minister Bathiudeen had stated that the Muslims who lived in Mullaitivu district abandoned their lands due to the terrorist activities carried out by LTTE.
The Minister pointed out 780 such families have been identified, and 1000 acres of land in Mullaitivu district is needed for those families and for the new generation that emerged.
Further, the Minister through his letter pointed out the former residents of Mullaitivu District who lost their lands during the time of war had resettled in Puttalam and other areas temporarily.
However, the Chief Minister of the Northern Province has denied the request without any reasoning.
The Northern CM had not at least sent a letter of response to Minister Bathiudeen , states the Northern Province CM office.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Anyway, this is against ‘sahajeevanaya & Sanhidiyawa’ . Hope the CM for the sake of humanity will respond to Minister Rishad Bathiudeen reasoning out the reasons for turning down this request.
Minister Rishad has unfettered access to lands in the Wilpattu Sanctuary for settlement of his tribe.
Now he wants to extend his kingdom to Mullaitivu.
If the so-called displaced were genuine landholders prior to the war, they should produce evidence of ownership and claim entitlement to their land.
Most likely, all the so-called Muslim owned lands in Mullaitivu are still under Army occupation. Minister Rishad should provide details to the Defence Minister and request reinstatement of land ownership.