Is compensating terrorists justifiable? – Gotabaya
Former Defense Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa questions the whether it is justifiable to compensate LTTE terrorists.
He mentioned this to the media following an event held in Colombo. The event was attended by former President Mahinda Rajapaksa as well.
Former Defense Secretary points out that when compensating missing persons, the government will have to compensate a suicide bomber who also had disappeared.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023