Island-wide curfew imposed in Sri Lanka until 5:00 AM on Thursday (July 14)
Posted in Local News
An island-wide curfew has been imposed in Sri Lanka until 5:00 AM tomorrow (July 14) by Acting President of Sri Lanka Ranil Wickremesinghe.
The Order directs that no person shall be on any public road, railway, public park, public recreation ground or other public ground or the seashore in such areas, from 12:00 noon on July 13th, 2022 to 05:00 AM on July14th, 2022, except under the authority of a written permit granted by Secretary, Ministry of Defence or Secretary, Ministry of Public Security or Inspector-General of Police or any officer authorised by them.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Let’s hope this is a REAL CURFEW and not an yet another JOKE! Past curfews have been just that, a JOKE, all the rioters, looters, arsonists, murderers, etc. have had a free time going out and carrying out their criminal activities with the nation’s law enforcement just watching and not acting! Murder, arson, assault, etc. are serious criminal offenses and these criminal maggots have had a field day enjoying all that over the past 6 months freely and now it’s time to put a stop to all that – and very sternly at that!
This army and police is an utter joke, I am outside the country at the moment and you will not believe the contempt and the questions people in these countries ask about a police and army unable to protect vital government buildings though they have been deployed in advance to do exactly that. They make the whole country a bigger joke.
Huh! Suffering people going to the parliament armed with a JCB digger(On Youtube) !!!!