Jayantha Ketagoda resigns to allow Basil Rajapaksa to enter parliament
Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) National List Parliamentarian Jayantha Ketagoda says he has resigned as a MP to allow former Minister Basil Rajapaksa to enter Parliament.
SLPP General Secretary Sagara Kariyawasam confirmed the resignation.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023