Jayasuriya is now a dancing star
Sanath Jayasuriya, the swashbuckling Sri Lankan World Cup winning cricketer, is the prime attraction on season 5 of an Indian TV’s celebrity dance show ‘Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa’, Indian Today reported.
The show, which garnered publicity a while back when Madhuri Dixit was confirmed as one of the celebrity judges, starts airing on June 4. Filmmaker Karan Johar and choreographer-filmmaker Remo D’Souza are the other two judges on the show.
“Sanath is extremely enthusiastic about his avatar as a dancer. He has been regularly rehearsing on the sets. He was very flexible and willing to learn while shooting a promo for the show. He is open to experiment,” a source from the sets, said.
While it is rumoured that Sanath will be paid a bomb, the channel, however, refused to reveal details.
Sanath, 42, retired from Test cricket in 2003 and has lately been busy with politics. He is reportedly inspired by Rajinikanth’s style of dancing and will try to bring alive the Tamil superstar’s moves on the Jhalak dancefloor. On the show, he will be partnering a mentor-choreographer, whose name is yet to be revealed.
The show, the desi version of international dance reality shows, has in the past seen several sportspersons participate.
Meanhwile, another report said that, the all-rounder is being paid a hefty amount to shake a leg on the show.
Even though the Sri Lankan has no experience in music or dance, he has the rhythm, or so it seems as he jiggies with girls in a recently shot promo for the show, where he is seen wearing a white suit, white hat and golden jacket.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024