Jeevan Thondaman appointed as General Secretary of Ceylon Worker’s Congress
The politburo of the Ceylon Workers Congress (CWC) has appointed Jeevan Thondaman, the son of late Arumugam Thondaman as the General Secretary of the party.
The Politburo has also unanimously decided to appoint Anusha Sivaraj who held the post of General Secretary of the CWC, as the deputy Chairman of the party.
No one has been appointed to the Chairman’s post of the Ceylon Workers Congress as of now.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023