JO will not align with the SLFP – Namal
MP Namal Rajapaksa stated that the Joint Opposition will not join with the SLFP to contest the upcoming elections as a united front.
He further stated that the JO will consider an alliance with the SLFP if the party chooses to break away from the government.
While addressing the media following an event in Balapitiya, Namal Rajapaksa stated that the SLFP has betrayed the core values and principles of the once renowned political party.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023