Johnston further remanded until May 25
MP Johnston Fernando who was arrested over allegations of financial fraud, was further remanded till May 25 by the Kurunegala Magistrate today.
The Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID) arrested the former Minister as he arrived at the FCID to give a statement on alleged financial misappropriations at the Lanka Sathosa Ltd.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023