Judge Sri Skandaraja takes oaths as new Chairman of Sri Lanka Appellate Court
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma
(Pix by: Sudath Silva)
Appeal Court Judge S. Sri Skandaraja took oaths before President Mahinda Rajapaksa as the new Chairman of the Court of Appellate, Court of Sri Lanka at the Temple Trees on Tuesday 28 June.
Judge Skandaraja was appointed as the Chairman following the appointment of former Chairman, President’s Council, Sathya Hettige to the Sri Lanka Supreme Court. Secretary to the President Lalith Weeratunga was also present at the occasion.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023