Justice Dr Shirani Bandaranayake- Acting Chief Justice
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma – (Pix By: Sudath Silva)
Senior Supreme court Judge, Justice Dr Shirani Bandaranayake took oaths as the Acting Chief Justice before President Mahinda Rajapaksa at the President’s House this morning on Sunday 21st February.
She took oaths in the post as Chief Justice Asoka De Silva is on an overseas visit. She was appointed for this post for many times even in President Chandrika Kumaratunga’s period when former CJ Sarath N Silva was on vacation.
Dr. Shirani Bandaranayake is seen here swearing as the Acting Chief Justice. Secretary to the President Mr Lalith Weeratunga and representatives from Army, Navy and Air Force were also present at the occasion.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023
- Suminda Sirisena passes away December 4, 2023