Kalkudah Police officer arrested for accepting bribe of Rs 300,000
Posted in Local News
An Inspector of Police (IP) in-charge of Kalkudah Police administrative unit was arrested by officers of the Bribery Commission while accepting a bribe of Rs. 300,000 from a businessman today.
The arrest has been made this morning (10)at the Koralai Pattu Provincial Council in Valaichchenai when the said OIC was receiving the bribe.
The bribe had been asked to produce a police report needed to obtain a valuation report from the Central Environmental Authority to build a brick factory in Kalkudah.
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023