Kandy district results – Presidential Election 2019 – Sri Lanka
Posted in Election Results
Kandy District results including all the polling divisions of Presidential Election 2019 in Sri Lanka.
Final District Result
Kundasale Polling Division
Pathadumbara Polling Division
Yatinuwara Polling Division
Nawalapitiya Polling Division
Senkadagala Polling Division
Mahanuwara Polling Division
Udunuwara Polling Division
Gampola Polling Division
Udadumbara Polling Division
Hewaheta Polling Division
Teldeniya Polling Division
Harispatthuwa Polling Division
Galagedara Polling Division
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Mr GR has got a lead of 300,000 votes in 6,800,000 votes conted so far.
There is no way Modad*dasa will be able to recoup GR’s majority.
The winners in this election are (1) Gothabhaya Rajapaksa as president and (2) Ranil Wickremasinghe as prime Minister.
Isn’t it a wonderful world?
Of the 9.15 million vots counted so fat, the son of the Lion of Ruhuna has a majority of 700,000 votes.
The Modad*asa cannot overrun this lead in the remaining approx 3 million votes to be counted.
The son of the Lion of Ruhana can comfortably claim victory at this point in time.
Unfortunately, RW cannot be removed as PM till May 2020; the TNA will provide support to demonstrate majority in Parliament.
The winners in this election are (1) Mr GR, the SLPP nominee and (2) RW as Prime Minister.
Also, Uyangoda has case against GR in the Supreme Court regarding his US Citizenship; don’t know which way it will go.
Wll Uyangoda run to the Supreme Court for a decision on GR’s US citizenship before he is sworn in?
If the Supreme Court says GR’s rnunciation is yet to be validated, will PM Ranil Wickremasinghe be the next President of SL?
When the President’s chair is vacant, it is the PM who fills that chair?