Karu elected as new Speaker
Posted in Local News
UNP MP and former Public Administration Minister Karu Jayasuriya was appointed uncontested as the Speaker of new parliament a short while ago.
His name was proposed by Prime Minister Ranil Wickremasinghe and seconded by former opposition leader Nimal Siripala De Silva.
The first sitting of the Eighth Parliament was commenced today (1) at 9.00 a.m. with the participation of President Maithripala Sirisena.
The newly elected Parliamentarians will take oath during the first session.
President Maithripala Sirisena is scheduled to address the parliament at 3.00 p.m.
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023
OMG, will he stop coloring his hair to gain a dignified look?
Do you also consider and promote colouring your hair as a mark to command respect and dignity ?
Remember old Romans used to wear a wig of grey hair to denote Seniority and command respect , a trait followed to date by the Supreme Court judges while on the Bench.