Karuna Amman released on bail
Posted in Local News
The Colombo Chief Magistrate’s Court today granted bail to former Deputy Minister Vinayagamoorthy Muralitharan, better known as Karuna Amman, who was arrested and remanded for allegedly misusing a state vehicle.
He was released on a cash bail of Rs. 1 million with four sureties of Rs. 5 million each.
A travel ban was imposed on the former minister who was also ordered to report to the FCID every Sunday.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
Renegade Karuna was arrested and put in remand because of speculation of a possible coup happening anytime.