Locomotive Engineers decide to launch strike for 24-hours
The Locomotive Operating Engineers’ Association of Sri Lanka Railways have declared a 24-hour strike effective from midnight today (March 14).
The Locomotive Operating Engineers’ Association decided to go on strike in support of the mass strike that will be launched by multiple trade unions on Wednesday (March 15), against the government’s unjust tax policy, and several other social issues.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023