Mahinda Rajapaksa takes oath as new Prime Minister
Posted in Local News
Leader of Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) Mahinda Rajapaksa has taken oaths as the new prime minister of Sri Lanka a short while ago.
He was sworn-in before President Gotabaya Rajapaksa this morning (09) at the sacred site of Kelaniya Raja Maha Viharaya.
This is the fourth time Mahinda Rajapaksa secured the prime ministerial portfolio.
Mahinda Rajapakasa, who contested the General Election 2020 from Kurunegala, was elected to Parliament in August 2020 with the highest number of votes ever recorded by a single candidate in Sri Lankan parliamentary history, with 527,364 votes.
(AP Photos – By Eranga Jayawardena)
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
This is the easy part. Lets see how the performance after the honey moon is over.