Mahindananda Aluthgamage arrested
Posted in Local News
Former Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage was arrested by the Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID) today on charges of misappropriating government funds amounting to Rs.39 million in 2014 to buy Carrom and Checker-boards.
Police Spokesman SP Ruwan Gunasekara said Mr. Aluthgamage was arrested when he arrived at the FICD this morning to give a statement in connection with the incident.
The UPFA MP will be produced before the Colombo Fort Magistrate, police said.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023