Mahindananda complains to police about defamatory call
Posted in Local News
Sports Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage complained to the police last night against a caller who had made defamatory remarks against him during a live television programme telecast on a private television channel.
Police said a viewer who joined the live programme had allegedly made defamatory remarks against the minister during the programme.
The minister had mentioned in his complaint that an investigation should be carried out against the caller and that he was expecting to file a defamatory case against the person, police said.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
In previous Wadapitiya held on 2 this month, one person accused over the phone Wijitha Herath (JVP)’Mineemuruwo’ (killers).
but he remained calm (SMILED) and said nothing. Why Mahindananada got so agitated ?
Now government ministers have only ITN and Jathika Rupawahiniya for their propaganda. They boycott ITN, Sirasa and now Adaderana.
Maithreepala, Jayawewa ?
Derana very well knew that it was Ranjan Ramanayake who gave the telephone call. This was all pre-planned.
This type of air-time wasting and provocative pregames should be banned forthwith.