Maithri and Mahinda have betrayed their voters: JVP
JVP central committee member Sunil Handunnetti said they were not surprised by the decision taken to give nominations to former President Mahinda Rajapaksa under the United People’s Freedom Alliance (UPFA).
This decision shows the rejuvenation of the vile politics and greed for power, he said.
He further said that Mahinda Rajapaksa had betrayed the 5.8 million who voted for him while Maithripala Sirisena had betrayed 6.2 million of his voters.
Mr. Handunnetti said that Mr.Sirisena only wanted to secure his power and leadership in the party and Mr. Rajapaksa wanted power to escape from allegations of corruption. “Their unity is only for their private gains but not for the benefit of the people or the country,” he added.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
Exactly right, the only one party that reveals the truth with dare is JVP.
Sod off. After two riot to grab power by gun, that killed hundreds of SL youths and hundred of others, if you and your party can stand in the parliament, the is nothing so big about allowing MR to contest under UPFA that should cause you so much agony!!!